Rock Solid Or Sand

Ouch! I've been sitting here trying to write a post and nothing seems to flow. I thought of writing a piece about the state of the country, however too many situations came to mind. I guess I could write a piece about the slam up job the presidents doing, however that could bring way too much debate. Then there's that long lost dream regarding the church that I attend, but just the thought of that bores me.
 
Wow! that sure seemed to flow out of nowhere and considering it's Saturday and we weekly attend Saturday evening services at that very same church, I'd say my spirit's crying out for something more than the same old same old. Now, don't get me wrong here, I've been attending the same church for almost 9 years now faithfully every Saturday and Sunday. I have served in various ministries and capacities over the last almost 9 years and enjoyed each and every moment of it. So why the boredom?
 
Is it because I've changed, lost my vision, lost my faith, or lost that inner compassion for God and His people? No. Is it because many of the original members have left and moved on? No. Is it because the worship has changed, or the preachings getting stale? No. So what is it? In all honesty I can't share all the true reasons why other than to say, that which was once built on the Rock, a sure foundations, seems to have changed and I never liked the sandy shores of the beach. Actually, that last line came from a dream I recently encountered.
 
Time to pray for restoration.
 
 

No comments: