Our Fast Paced Country

I was born in the United States, in California. Over the last 50 years I have seen many changes come forth, some that are good and some that are bad. Looking back over all the seasons, I remember the days when you could drive for hours and hours and never experience traffic. That was along time ago.

I also remember the local hardware stores, bicycle shops, lawnmower shops, mom and pop businesses, and the local grocery stores. Things were different in those days. You could actually get your gasoline pumped, your oil checked and your windows cleaned when you purchased gasoline. People seemed to care. However, today it's all about business, money, profits, and rush, rush, rush.

Times have changed, our communities have changed, and life has become more stressful for many. Somehow, I think we have lost touch with what matters or we have been led down a road to what only matters to some. Hopefully America will return to what she once was.

No comments: